Merkblatt 751 (VIN number)

ReneK

: 24.08.2014
: 4
Hello everybody on this great site,

I bought my first Supra this summer, now I have come to register the car here in Denmark and need some clarification regarding to your Merkblatt 751 TÜV approval procedures for a car in Germany.

My car is born twin turbo euro spec but later on converted to single turbo, therefore to get thru the Danish inspections authorities I need to get a TÜV approval regarding the modifications on the engine. But however lets say for an example there is already an approval on a car with the exact same specs like mine, the authorities would probably accept this approval. So my question is to those people who owns a car that has gone thru a Merkblatt 751 test at TÜV is the cars VIN number printed on the approval documents?

: 24. 08. 2014 [11:52]
ANKRacing

: 14.08.2006
: 5379
Hi,

can you post some specs of your car?

https://i62.tinypic.com/xc6pme.jpg
´93 Supra DE-Spec
: 25. 08. 2014 [08:27]
ReneK

Hello
It's a 1993 6 speed German MKIV that originates from Germany but has been in Sweden since 97
The main spec's are:
Stock bottom end
Precision PT76 single turbo
AEM series 1 ecu
4" downpipe, midpipe with catalytic converter and a HKS TI exhaust.

: 25. 08. 2014 [10:37]
ReneK

Is there really nobody how can answer regarding the VIN number on the TÜV documents? Or how do you guys get your single turbo Supra's to pass an TÜV inspection?

: 26. 08. 2014 [14:57]
Japanfanatic

: 16.04.2005
: 5926
"ReneK" schrieb:

Is there really nobody how can answer regarding the VIN number on the TÜV documents? Or how do you guys get your single turbo Supra's to pass an TÜV inspection?

Honestly, noone will lend you a Car Title with a Single Turbo Conversion specified. There are two types of approvals done:
- those done officially for lots of $$$'s ->These guys won't let anyone copy these documents for free
- those done illegally (someone knows the type approval engineer etc.) ->These guys won't let anyone copy these documents as they don't want to get caught

Best way would be to do a type approval on your car the official way

https://www.mkiv.de/nc/mein-konto/eigene-dateien/?eID=dam_frontend_push&docID=7258
Imagine discovering your chubby grade-school sweetheart grew up to be Sharon Stone. That sums up our delighted surprise over the Supra's transformation. Motortrend, 93

2000 J-Spec RZ Q-F-Sex, 2nd owner car
: 26. 08. 2014 [15:45]
ReneK

I haven't said I should have it for free, if it is the case there is somebody willing to share their approval documents, I know it should cost something for the trouble of getting the type approval.

But my questions was: what information do the documents contain about the car (VIN number), or is it more like a parts documentation. In general what does the type approval contain?

I am asking because it for the moment seems like I am either needs go thru the whole process or build the car back to fully stock.

: 26. 08. 2014 [20:48]
Japanfanatic

: 16.04.2005
: 5926
Within the European Union Car Titles are standardized. German Titles ("Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 2" or formerly "Fahrzeugschein" ) should look equal to Danish ones showing the VIN-Number, Displacement, No. of passengers etc.
German Car Titles in particular have a Special area in the lower section that is left blank for Special approvals as for modifications on the engine. Everything officially approved is written into the title.
But it's still a hard time to come by These types of documents. Until someone will contact you on his own you won't be lucky contacting anyone I am afraid.

https://www.mkiv.de/nc/mein-konto/eigene-dateien/?eID=dam_frontend_push&docID=7258
Imagine discovering your chubby grade-school sweetheart grew up to be Sharon Stone. That sums up our delighted surprise over the Supra's transformation. Motortrend, 93

2000 J-Spec RZ Q-F-Sex, 2nd owner car
: 27. 08. 2014 [05:46]

Mehr Forum?

Dies ist nur ein zum Teil veröffentlichter Forenbereich. Als normal registrierter Benutzer kannst du sowohl schreiben, als auch die Bereiche Tuning und Technik lesen.

Wenn du im Besitz einer Supra MKIV bist, dann würden wir uns sehr über eine MKIV-Driver registrierung freuen. Damit hast du Zugriff auf noch mehr Bereiche, als auch kannst du überall schreiben.

Mehr Informationen findest du HIER